Thursday, September 3, 2009

Drinking From a Cup

Jackson is very interested in moving from sippy cups to regular cups. He sometimes gets lazy at the end of a meal and ends up dumping his beverage, but he is making excellent progress. Yesterday actually provided a very entertaining situation along these lines.

Jason had 6 pm softball, so I picked Jackson up and we visited Jason and then went to Quizno's. Jackson likes those ham and cheese sammies. I didn't have a cup with me as it was a sort of impromptu outing, so I opted for a cup with a straw. He did fine out of the straw, then started pulling the straw out and taking the lid off to drink, which he did relatively well.

When it was time to go, I decided to let him keep his cup in his car seat to see what he would do. He took the straw out, but thankfully left the lid on. Then he would lift the cup up and try to drink out of the hole in the center of the lid. He would do this and then laugh hysterically with water all over his face, then repeat. This lasted until finally he threw the cup down and that was the end. But it provided me with nice entertainment on the way home.

0 comments: