Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Heartbreaker

I mean this is in the most heartfelt way. The first time I took Jackson to day care in August of 2008, I sobbed. I sobbed pretty much the whole first week, and then gradually became okay with it as I felt like he did.

Today I took him to school, and he didn't want to go. He didn't want to get out of the car. He didn't want me to put him down. He didn't want to let go of my leg. He didn't want me to put him down again. When I left, I handed him to one of his teachers, Miss Patty.

Big fat tears started to roll down his cheeks and his face got red, but he didn't do the demonstrative, screaming crying. He just quietly cried and was clearly sad to see me go. It totally and completely broke my heart and it felt like August 2008 all over again, only much worse.

0 comments: