Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Bathtub 1, Jackson 0

It's my own fault for even mentioning it two posts ago. Jackson loves the bathtub. He loves all water. He loves the bathtub even when there is not water in it. Hence, tonight's mishap that has left me feeling sorely inadequate. It was bath time after the spaghetti madness covered my child's face. We had traveled upstairs to the bathroom. Jackson was standing next to me. I leaned over to turn on the water. In the 3 seconds between me leaning over and turning on the water and standing back up, my child had catapaulted himself into the non-full bathtub and landed on his head.

Thud. Screams. Lindsay scooping Jackson out of the tub while he looked at me screaming and not sure what had just happened and why there was such unhappiness in the bathtub as it is usually the happiest place on Earth. We were soon joined by Jason who heard the thud and impending screaming. Of course then I set Jackson down to try and get his wet clothes off, and what does he do? Tries to climb into the tub again. Really? Less than two minutes later he tries again? I had kind of hoped he would have learned from ONE faceplant and resulting goose egg for once. Alas, he did not learn this. I will now dread bathtime forever...or at least until he stops trying to climb in when it comes up to his chest.

1 comments:

kristi said...

wouldn't it be bathtub 2, jackson 0, then? :-)

-engelman