Monday, November 24, 2008

Desperation Throw

It's a short work week thanks to National Pig Out day on Thursday. It's a nice time to have a short week after the chaos of last week. Man when I named this blog countdown to chaos man was I right on. Last week was the hardest I've ever had. It wasn't just the various manifestations of Jackson's illness, or those of Jason or even mine. It was that, plus the stress and anxiety over would he get better, when would he get better. Then we thought he did, and boom, right back where we started from 48 hours later. It was brutal. I told Dr. T on Thursday that it was the hardest week I've maybe had ever...she asked me to compare it to the first week of Jackson's life and I was like...yeah, it was harder. One of us was out of commission for two of the five days of the week. We thought he had overcome it and we hadn't. I was missing work. And he WASN'T GETTING BETTER.

So now it's Monday. We had a fantastic day with him yesterday. Other than a few gross poos, he is himself completely. He is not over this lactose ordeal. It makes his poo liquipoo all morning and as the day progresses it gets more normal again only to have it go all liquipoo again in the morning. I had to reassure the daycare people that its not the virus anymore, its the lactose. I'm so desperate to make it stop that I've become a Boulder mother and have put him on freaking probiotics in two bottles a day because the doctor said it *might* actually help. She did not say, "Do it and he'll be cured" she said MIGHT. Did I miss something? I actually went to Vitamin Cottage. In Longmont. That is how desperate I am.

The tremendous upside to the desperation trip to Vitamin Cottage? It is next to Little Caesar's Pizza. Did you even know there were still those around? Apparently there are TWO in Longmont. Unbelievable. Anyways, since Jason is down to a weight he hasn't seen since high school thanks to our ordeal, I figure there is nothing like a $5 pizza and bag of crazy bread to fatten my skinny man up. So that was his dinner tonight.

0 comments: