Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday Afternoon Musings

Greetings from snowy Colorado. It's beautiful here as always. People don't believe me when I tell them, but hello, it was 70 degrees on Thursday and now it's snowing. Last weekend Jason went skiing and had a picnic in the park on the same day. It's the greatest place there is.

It's been a week of inconsistent naps. At school this week he had two days of a TOTAL of one hour of naps. Yeah, that's not really going to work for me. Jackson has averaged about 5 hours of naps a day for a very long time, so when he gets ONE hour in, needless to say he's unpleasant when its time to go home. Not to mention it causes him to wake up a lot at nighttime, so I've been dedicating myself to trying to figure out what is going on there. The teachers are doing their best and it's obviously not their fault...I just need to help Jackson figure out what's going on so he can have good naps and good days.

Yesterday was an epic nap day. He slept until 730 am, then took three naps that were minimum 90 minutes during the day. That's amazing, and his sleep last night for sure reflected his good sleep during the day.

Last night Jason played Mr. Mom while I worked at CU and then went for a girls night out with my indoor team plus ones. It was actually more plus ones than teammates, but that was okay. We hit the Rio and then went to the Outback Saloon for some karaoke, which I can't lie is like one of my favorite activities. I have a knack for convincing people who are adamant that they will NOT sing that they need to sing and they usually do. It's all about finding that perfect song, and when in doubt, call on Abba.

0 comments: