Monday, July 21, 2008

All Good

So Jackson, and more importantly mom and dad, survived the first overnight without each other. J-man did very well with Grammie and Papa and the only curveball he threw them was a 4 am wakeup call. See, Jason and I have the sound turned down on our monitors and just have the lights on, so unless he's really really unhappy, we don't really know about it in the middle of the night. They had the sound up, so when he did his typical 4 am chatty times, they got up and hooked him up with some food. I don't know what he expected the next night, but if he was mad I didn't hear him and he got up at his usual 6 am. We haven't tried another night without the swaddle, but I have a feeling that even as I type this he has worked his way out of his swaddle, which is fine. The doc said that when he was ready to be out of the swaddle, he would get out on his own. So I think maybe the more he does that, the more we'll try to do jammies.

Today I got a day off and went to Blackhawk with the grandmas. No one won. F. Tomorrow...a premature birthday celebration. I will go see Mamma Mia with a number of my friends on a girls night out. I love ABBA (um, who doesn't?) and it looks pretty great so I'm looking forward to that. It is also the inaugural University of Colorado Athletics Field Day, which should be a hoot. I'm going to put in an appearance there despite the fact that I am still on mom leave. I have less than two weeks left with my boy and I'm trying to soak it up for the most part, but this was an opportunity I could not pass up. If it weren't so freaking hot in the 303 I would bring Jackson, but it will be too hot for him. However I think he will be making an appearance at Football 101.

0 comments: