Thursday, July 10, 2008

F.

The inevitable has occurred, however it's much earlier than I had anticipated. It seems that Jackson has a stomach virus. He has some diarrhea cha-cha-cha that isn't of the normal variety, so of course Dr. Mom looked up the color and consistency on the poo charts in our library of baby books and voila, stomach virus is my expert diagnosis.

I'm not taking this lightly. I'm attempting to portray a cavalier attitude as I'm obviously not thrilled that my 10 week old son has a case of the runny poos apparently due to some dirty virus. It could be part of why he was hating tummy time so much the last two days. So far he hasn't gone vomitron (fingers crossed) and he hasn't been what I would define as fussy. I suppose he has been fussy for him (which means fussy at all) so I guess maybe he has been fussy?

Now we play the balancing game of when to call the doctor. The doctors website says it is not necessary to call the doctor unless XY and Z happen. Well that's all fine and good, but he's 10 freaking weeks old...70 days (which by the way...wow...I can still remember day one!). Football season is longer than that. He weighs like 13 pounds and can't even hold his head up yet all the time, so I'm not sure I'm comfortable with waiting for XY and Z to all go down. I think if I see any signs of X Y or Z in the morning then I'm picking up the phone.

0 comments: