Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Colds Suck

There's really no other way to put it. Colds in a 12-week old suck. We are on day whatever of this cold, and mamacita is over it. This morning he had a lovely fever again and was eating like he couldn't care less if he ever did again, so it was back to the doctor's office as he was throwing some signs of ear infection out there. Ps, I had to stick that thermometer in a place I never wanted to stick it as I was done trying to get it in the right spot in his armpit for an accurate reading.

So we went to the doc. And the nurse practitioner we had to see can't see Jackson's eardrum because there was so much wax in his ears (GROSS, incidentally). So she whips out a little tool to get it out and instead of her getting the wax out and us getting on with our lives, he screams unlike anything I have ever experienced in his short little life. He was screaming so hard and so long that not only did he sweat through his onesie, he sweated through my tee shirt. F...is an understatement. So then because we can't get all the wax out, the on call pediatrician has to come and get it out, so naturally Jackson is asleep on my shoulder and we have to go through this again. I think all my hair turned gray today. The best part is that he doesn't have an ear infection and when we got home, he smiled and cooed at me and then fell asleep. How short their memories are. Then he woke up and ate his dinner like the old Jackson. Huh...who knows what the hell goes on.

0 comments: