Thursday, April 3, 2008

Reality Sets In

So for one of my classmates from childbirth class, Thundercats Were Go a little early. She gave birth to a little boy on Monday, March 31....four weeks early. She was 36 weeks when her wee lad decided it was time. Less than a week before that we were yukking it up in class on Wednesday night.

Needless to say it was a shocking dose of reality when her email popped up this afternoon announcing her "surprise arrival" on Monday. She also gave a shout out to the class instructor about how she went epidural free thanks to her instruction..to which I say bravo! I mean it I'm impressed. I'm not even going to try!

I forwarded her email to Big Man and then also to one of the other gals from class that I email with on occasion. My friend responded with the thought that all of a sudden things just got really, really real and a little scary. I told her I was going home tonight and packing my bag for the hospital and making the Little Man's bed.

Our LM will be 36 weeks on Saturday and to be honest, although I've realized that it's a possibility that he could get rolling at anytime, I've sort of just been strolling along doing my thing, figuring I've got a few more weeks to get things ready both at home and at work. I mean I'm making plans to see a movie in three weeks because I'm just assuming that he'll still be in utero at that point. I was 8 days late and sort of just have figured that he wasn't going to make an early entrance either.

Anyways, this development has left me stunned and so I have nothing even remotely amusing or even glib to say. I'm gonna go pack.

0 comments: