Monday, May 19, 2008

Jackson's Day Out

We had such a big day yesterday! Jackson went to his first sporting event, the Big 12 Outdoor Track & Field Championships in Boulder. Mom had a small role in the planning of the event and as the former track & field SID at CU, I actually like track meets and wanted to go. So we went! Grandma Jane joined us for our day at Potts Field and it was very fun. It was WONDERFUL to see all my friends and colleagues from CU. Everyone was so nice and so happy to see the little man.

I will say this...the number of double takes was hilarious. People would look right at me, look right at the stroller and keep walking. The arithmetic involved putting together the concept that a woman that looks like Lindsay, that is not pregnant, that is with a stroller and a baby is in fact the Lindsay they saw waddling around campus for the last few months. That is the same person and yes that's her and she's here and the lump has emerged from her abdomen and is a rather cute baby with a full head of hair. People love the hair.

Anyways, we were there for two hours and I got tired so we went home. Of course the CU men went ahead and won the thing and we missed it, but those are the breaks when you're a new mom. Huge congrats to the Buffs and also to all my colleagues who put on the meet. I have been to several Big 12 and NCAA meets and you guys...you did a great job. If I hear one more backhanded, "Wow you guys did way better than we thought you would," compliment I'm going to scream. It was a GREAT event and you should be so proud.

Today is our first day without dad...he went back to work. So far we are doing okay and I already took a shower and got several things done that were necessary for me to feel like a normal person while Jackson was napping. Hopefully the rest of the day continues to go this well...keep your fingers crossed for us!

0 comments: