Friday, May 30, 2008

Birthdays and Barf

It's been a busy couple of days for the Three Lews. Yesterday was Jason's birthday! So his reward...he got to stay home from work to hang out with Jackson and I. Ha...a nap under his desk Costanza-style would have been probably more appropriate. But we were very glad to have dad home in the middle of the week and I know Jackson enjoyed the extra time with Jason. We celebrated the big day with a trip to Costco and Jason played softball last night. I hope he had a nice birthday...I think he did.

Today I was back flying solo, and I think that the spit up gods needed to remind me about how delicate the balance of baby raising is and how they can take away my super easy baby at anytime and replace him with a curdled milk dispenser whenever they so choose. Today was vomitron day for mamacita. I fed him at 9 a.m. and when I was changing his diaper to put him down for his nap after 10, I had my first personal projectile vomiting experience. Super. Then later, when we went to the mall to meet Steph and Julian, I got spit up on again, and again when we got home. Then tonight when Jason and I got home from our birthday outing at Benihana and I took Jackson from Tera to wrap up his burping, I predicted 10 seconds before he did it that he would spit up on me again. I got barfed on about five times today. And fell and banged my knee. And Jason's car wouldn't start. And our new technology from Best Buy didn't arrive. If I could get away with not getting out of bed tomorrow, I would not get out of bed tomorrow. If for no other reason than to not be puked on again. But when your boy is four weeks old (!) you gotta get out of bed.

Let me reiterate that my little man is a super easy, happy, wonderful little boy and Jason and I say everyday how lucky we are that he is so easy on us. Let us hope that tomorrow, we get our little boy back and the curdled milk dispenser goes back to where it came from. For my part, I will be a very focused and disciplined and patient burper during all feedings to see if that will change my luck. Let's hope so.

0 comments: