Sunday, June 1, 2008

All Quiet on the Longtucky Front

I'm checking in out of obligation. There's not much Jackson news to report. He now loves baths now that we got the rubber ducky that says HOT when the water is too hot...therefore we can get the water far warmer than we were initially and he goes into a tub now as opposed to the sponge bath. That has come in handy after some of the bombs he has dropped in his shorts of late.

We have Skype set up for both of us now so we can show off Jackson in real time to whomsoever feels like seeing him when maybe we are feeding him or doing whatever. He's really only awake for food and some tummy time these days, but the boy is starting to be aware of things around him which can be entertaining for everyone. Holler at us if you want our Skype names so you can revel in the cuteness of our kid.

Jackson and I went to see the soccer team again and to Target. I also set foot in a Babies R Us for the first time in my life this morning. I was pleasantly surprised by Babies R Us. It is actually not the cluster f*&% I had envisioned it to be...it is a well-organized store that had a decent number of options for anything I would happen to be looking for. I was hoping they carried the California Baby line of shampoo and stuff but they don't. Who knew there were 35 different types of Johnson's Baby whatever? It was like Sephora for infants.

Tuesday we have our one month appointment with the pediatrician. I'm taking bets as to how much my pig son will weigh. To make it fair, he was 7 pounds, 15 ounces at his last appointment which was on May 10. He eats 8 times a day, anywhere from 3-4 ounces at a time. So you do the math. I say he will weigh at least 9 pounds unless we have another spectacular day of spitting up between now and then.

0 comments: