Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Moving Right Along

We've had a fun week around here. Jackson is Mr. Personality and it's more and more rewarding and entertaining everyday.

Yesterday he had a doctor appointment to get his second flu shot and I think the last Hep B for awhile (ever?). I was prepared for the worst as shots tend to turn into bad stuff in these parts. We arrived at the doctor and as Jackson sat on the desk while we signed in, he flirted with the receptionist in a way I haven't seen him do in a month. He was giggling, smiling, pretending to be shy...it was fantastic. Then when he sat on the doctor's table he discovered the white paper and went crazy with it. When it came time for the shots, he got an injection in each leg. His reaction was basically to stop smiling. Then go back to playing with white paper. Fantastic.

For the last few nights, he also hasn't woken up to eat at 10 p.m. On one hand it's exciting because he's sleeping from about 8:30 p.m. until 7 a.m. On the other hand, I'm kind of heartbroken. The nighttime feedings have pretty much always been mine. Anything after 9 p.m. was always mine to do from the time he came home from the hospital. Midnight, 3 a.m....those were always our times. Its also the only time he will do the super sleepy cuddle. He so far is not a kid that will just fall asleep on our shoulders, mostly because when he was a newborn that was the ONLY place he would fall asleep so we worked really hard to get him to sleep in his crib, which he obviously sleeps very well in.

So now I don't get my special time, and I also don't get my super sleepy cuddle, and it makes me sad. So we'll see if he continues to not wake up for his 10 p.m. or 11 p.m. chow, and if he doesn't, I'll have to identify a new Mommy-Buddy time.

0 comments: