Saturday, December 13, 2008

Where's My Parade?

It's Saturday night in Longmont and we did a community thing and went to the community holiday parade. Jackson wore his very snuggly bear outfit to stay warm, which he did.

I don't think I can reiterate what a good kid we have and it may be a jinx to say so, but all evidence to date is to the contrary. He just chilled out and watched the parade. Every other kid was whining, crying or doing something other than chilling out and watching the parade. My friend has two nieces and niece 1 kept asking, while watching the parade, when the parade was starting. The first loud noise happened, Jackson was startled, and after that, he didn't flinch. He fell asleep in the stroller until the Longmont HS Marching Band came along.

Then he went to Chili's with his mom and dad and the only thing I could even describe as being remotely out of order was that he slapped the tiles on the table for a good 20 minutes. No, no toys, no food. Just want to slap the table, thanks. Oh wait, food? Okay I will down my bottle in like five minutes in an awkward place and position, and then inhale an entire jar of baby food all between when mom and dad order and receive their food.

Before we left he spent some time in the jumperoo. At one point he was just standing there staring. Which I now really need to remember means he's dropping off the kids at the Pampers. Because he finished staring and started jumping. When I took him upstairs for a fresh diaper before we took off for the parade he had kids creeping up the back of his shirt and I was at a loss for a plan of action. Good thing daddy was there to figure it out.

Sidenote: Jackson has a cold, which he had before the parade for all you cautious judgementals that read my blog. Of which I am guessing there are none. So he's been coughing and I have been trying to keep it under control so that he'll sleep, so I'm watching SNL. Amy Poehler came back for a couple of shows but at the end of weekend update she just announced that, no, really this is her last show. Boo to that...she is genius. I'm totally bummed. The Baby Mama is gonna spend time with her boy and be a baby mama. Oh and star in her own primetime show on NBC.

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: