Tuesday, June 3, 2008

One Month Old....

I know, I can't believe it either. Jackson is a month old! It's crazy...it has flown by. It's been the most ridiculous 31 days of my life. I had lunch today with Kelly and Kristen from work and to even attempt to describe what this is like is just stupid to do. It's inexplicable.

We took Jackson to the pediatrician today for his one month checkup. He has gained almost two pounds in three weeks, up to a whopping 9 pounds, 13 ounces. He is now 22 inches long and his head is 15 inches around. He's basically in the 50th percentile across the board, which I guess is good...I'm not sure how I feel about that. I think Jason is in the 10th percentile for his weight so we'll see how Jackson turns out. Just kidding honey...love you.

Thanks to W, we used our economic stimulus (which we have not yet received, thank you very little, W) to purchase some electronics to document the life of our son. We got a video camera. And a hard drive to store all our wonderful memories of him on. So look forward to some amazing and scintillating video of Jackson laying around...feeding....burping.



That's all he does, mainly because we are sucky parents and haven't done enough "tummy time" so he just lays there. We are so cautious about his tendency to vomitron that we have shorted him on the intense Olympic-style training that needs to take place on his belly in order for him to do things like....sit. So we'll need to step that up. We did some tonight and he lifted his head to turn and look from me to Jason and we cheered so loud you would have thought he just won the Stanley Cup or something. The bar is pretty low right now as far as what it takes to get cheers out of us for Jackson. If he poops anytime in the next 12 hours we'll cheer...it's been over two days. Neither of us wants to change that diaper alone.

I have an important shout out today...my friend Kristen Payne and her fiance Ed Lynam welcomed their son today...Harrison Payne Lynam. Kristen is my only local friend who has been enduring the whole pregnancy thing for the first time at the same time as me so we're super excited.

0 comments: