Friday, June 20, 2008

Pregnancy and Childbirth 1, Lindsay 0

So that foolish attempt at playing soccer happened last night. Wow. My legs and body in general have completely forgotten how to function. Completely. The running wasn't so bad, it was just never going to be fast. Girls that I would have blown past a year ago were not only reeling me in from behind, they were accelerating past me like Flo Jo. Humiliating doesn't even begin to describe it. As for my pelvic floor muscles...they need some work and that's all I have to say on that subject. The good news: it can't get worse. The bad news: who knows how long it will take me to get any semblance of athletic ability back. At least my teammates were understanding and they too hopefully realize that it can only get better. And at least I had some decent touch on the ball. Jackson made it out to the game with Sally O'Malley looking after him and he did beautifully. Well I'm going to go stretch so I can walk for the rest of the day.

0 comments: