Monday, June 23, 2008

What Lies Beneath

Jackson is in the cooing and smiling stage of his development, and the only word I can use to describe how cute it is when he gets in a chatty and happy mood is not PG rated and my mother would be disappointed in such language in this forum. But yeah, it's that f-----g cute.

However, sometimes when he has got some leftovers stashed at the back of his throat waiting to spew forth, he will be at his absolutely cutest and smiliest and cooingest, making ridiculously darling noises and faces that are so adorable it's impossible to put him in his crib for his nap. And then once I finally muster up the willpower to pick him up to put him in his crib for his nap (and giving him the best hug I'm allowed to give by law at the same time) out come the leftovers all over my shirt, neck, and this time, my hair.

It has happened three times today (a new record), and despite the disgusting nature of those spews (they are kind of chunky and oatmeally I guess is how I would describe them, but they aren't even that really...it's like moistened cornstarch) I will continue to pick him up again and again and again when he is at his pinnacle of cuteness despite knowing what potentially lies beneath. Perhaps I need to fine tune my burping to avoid them, but at this point I don't even care.

0 comments: