Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Six Week Checkup

For me, not Jackson. I had my six week check up with the Lovely Ladies of Boulder Women's Care today to make sure that all my parts are in working order after the traumatic exit of Jackson on May 2. All is well and I can resume all my pre-prego activities. It was great to see Dr. Shimoda again and to let her have the chance to see the wee lad again. She was the first person he saw in his short little life and I'm glad he got to see her again.

I also weighed myself for the first time since the little man arrived. So I have my jumping off point. I've already lost 23 pounds just walking, going up and down stairs with Jackson all day and giving birth. I have a few more to go to get back to pre-baby weight and still more after that to get back to playing weight in time for Uncle Eric's wedding. Exercise is my new free time activity...oh wait, I don't have any free time! Anyone interested in coming to my house to watch him so that I can go for runs during the day can be my guest. And anyone wanting to share data on the Nike+ system, my screenname there is leabuff.

To get things started on the exercise front, I'm foolishly playing soccer on Thursday night. That should be a riot. If I can get up and back even once then that's a moral victory. Let's just be clear about one thing...I will not playing any midfield.

This weekend we have some visitors as Grammie, Papa, Aunt Jen and Cousin Marin are coming into town. That should be lots of fun and hopefully we have nice weather while they are here.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

how do you share on nike+? My name is Brina22...but I have a big head start on you!!